The new law, that comes in force on the 25th of May 2018, requires that we need your permission to stay in touch with you. In order to do this, we need to store your data which is your address, your email address and your telephone number.
- Members’ details will be processed fairly and lawfully in order to satisfy the agreement entered with you on your admittance to membership of NADFAS now The Arts Society. This will ensure that you receive the latest news and information about all upcoming events.
- Members’ details will be passed to “The Arts Society” to enable inclusion on the mailing of the quarterly magazine and other communications including information about any upcoming national events or items of legitimate interest
- Members’ details may be passed to “The Arts Society Area”, or other affiliated societies for the purposes of disseminating relevant information of legitimate interest.
Your details will be kept safely and securely and you have the ability to opt out of our communications at any time.
As of May 2012, the EU and UK law (as interpreted by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office) requires every web site worldwide to declare the use of certain cookies and offer the option not to accept them. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by a web site to track your browsing. For more information, please see www.aboutcookies.org
- “Non-essential cookies” … are not used on this web site so we do not need to ask for your specific permission. (Non-essential cookies refer to Tracking or Third Party Cookies/Partners that are often used to match advertising to your browsing habits but could be “data-mined” by less scrupulous web sites to seriously infringe your privacy).
- “Session cookies” … are used as an essential function once you have logged in so that you do not have to continually re-enter your username and password as you browse through the site (and thus defined by the authorities as a strictly-necessary-cookie and hence are not covered by legislation). By logging in, you are deemed to accept such cookies. Session cookies are deleted when you log-out or close your browser.
Please enjoy browsing our website!